TAYLOR 814CE LTD SASSAFRAS - SPRUCE [FREE CASE]
SKU : 444569
814ce LTD (2019) Often, our limited edition guitars are an opportunity to try out an exceptional or unique set of tonewoods, and that’s the case with this 814ce LTD. Built with back and sides of stunning blackheart sassafras, this Grand Auditorium’s organic beauty and vibrant tone demand attention. A solid Sitka spruce top delivers its characteristic presence and shimmer, pairing beautifully with sassafras’ unique sonic profile: the focused clarity of maple, the midrange warmth of mahogany, and the top-end sparkle of rosewood. Its chameleonic nature means it’s very player-reflective, so your individual style will elicit a unique sound from this 814ce LTD. Aesthetically, this model shares some appointments with our standard 800 Series lineup, including rosewood edge trim on the top and mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays in our Element pattern. It also features West African ebony binding and backstrip, ES2 electronics, and a Venetian cutaway, and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
Discover the features that make this guitar unique
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Bold striping caused by fungus makes blackheart a rare and stunningly beautiful wood.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
Taylor 814ce LTD Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An acoustic-electric guitar with a bold yet smooth voice
- Grand Auditorium body style gives you dreadnought-like projection with a more expressive upper register
- "Singing" Sitka spruce provides a crisp, resonant sound
- Cocobolo back and sides exhibit tight lows and crystal-clear highs
- Performance bracing with tone-enhancing hide glue
- Graceful Venetian cutaway gives you access all the way up the fingerboard
- Onboard Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver natural amplified sound
- Thin 3.5-mil gloss finish enhances body resonance
- Attractive paua rosette edged with ebony and ivoroid
- Eye-catching mother-of-pearl Element fingerboard inlays and paua/mother-of-pearl Nouveau peghead inlay